Sunday, September 9, 2012

JULY DAYS

Three months after graduation when I decided to move to Bacolod City to find a job that somehow will help me in my daily expenses. We rent a room together with friend because I decided to stay in the city as long as I can find a job. Together with my classmates we started to walk around the city bringing out our resumes. At first we find it fun and we are enjoying as we are riding with the jeeps and inquiring in different companies in the city. We encounter a lot of bloopers that from now I never forgot. In a hot atmosphere we move along the city with sweats and looking so haggard.

From that experienced I can say that it’s not easy to search a job but it’s a great experienced for us as a job hunters. We saw PCCI (Philippine Call Center Institute) building afternoon when we came back to downtown, so we decided to go there to visit one of our classmate who currently a trainee there. We do have a minute of conversation and she told us that it’s so good and fun to train there because they have different kinds of activities that will surely improve you. That conversation forced us to enrol and to enter the training.
Why choose the rest? When you can choose the BEST!
Philippine Call Center Institute (PCCI) is the leader and pioneer in call center training and an accredited institution of TESDA (Technical Education and Skills Development Authority). It was established in order to address the pressing need of providing employment opportunities for the call center and business process outsourcing (BPO). This institution helps especially those undergraduate students to find their career in BPO industry. They’ll make sure that students are well trained and ready to enter call center.
After we decided to enter training we passed our resume as one of the requirements. Its three of us who applied for training but my two classmates told me that they are 100% sure that they can enter the class because our given schedule is 8:00 to 12:30 in the morning, so it is conflict to them for some reasons. The next day morning when I enter the class, I did not saw my two friends but only one of my batch mates in college. I was surprised and not felt alone. To train call center is not a part of the plan but yet I have to do it because I believe that there’s a need to improve myself. First I was so shy to face new people but suddenly I’m not because people around me are so nice and friendly. I find the training like a workshop; we students in the room did a lot of activities like extemporaneous speaking, news casting, talk show, storytelling, reporting, tongue twister, debate, movie review and many others same as on how to speak correctly and using correct grammar. Inside twenty days of training, I felt that I am improving especially in my communication skills of course with confidence in speaking the language English. Days past and we come to the end of our training, in a short period of time and days that I’ve been in training I meet new people and those days later I’d never expect them to be my closest friends. Some of my friends told me that I’m just wasting my time in PCCI but see how this became a way for me to meet true people that considered me as their family. It’s another life experiences that I experienced and this is one of the best because I learned a lot especially to those new friends I’ve met. Before training I can rate myself seven out of ten but after training so far nine I believe that I am now confident and ready to face tomorrow. I felt that I am stronger enough and open-minded person in terms of facing challenges in life. I can say that “Life is not unfair; it is just full surprises.” We cannot expect what would happen tomorrow, the next month or a year. Things sometimes happen for a reason either it is planned or not.
I would like to acknowledge the PCCI Bacolod officials especially our mentor Johanna Go who teaches us everything not only in the field of call center but also teaches us to be strong, follow our dreams, don’t give up and also for being faithful to God. I would like also to thank my classmate there for being nice and friendly to me. I hope that whatever happen or wherever we are we still be friends because you guys are always be in my friend list. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...