Friday, September 21, 2012

Manjuyod, Negros Oriental


Checking my files in my PC when I saw this pictures and the memories flash back to me, the time when we do our activities in Manjuyod, Negros Oriental. Let me share with you my experiences in that place.
Apart of being a student I am also involved in an organization where in the goal is to help, give care to those casualties of different activities especially in our school by the means of first aid. We are not only in the line of medics, we give also training and share to others what we have and our learning’s. It was 2011 when we started our first external activity in Manjuyod, Negros Oriental. Together with the HEART a rescue team of Binalbagan and Mr. Roger Manzano the Extension Coordinator of the School, the ASSAP Emergencies (Association of student Social Action and Preparedness during Emergencies) finds their way out in Binalbagan to go to Manjuyod community to give seminar to the folks about the basic first aid and life support as well as water safety for them to know what would be better to do if their are casualties of different calamities. We choose that place because they are far from the medical center or hospital.





Our trip was started about 7 o’clock in the morning from Binalbagan and it took us about 4 hours to get there. I am very happy to saw that place again for it was a long time that I’ve been there for a mangrove planting and coastal clean up which is one of the activity of the school. Compare to my first trip that time I find the place more nicer than before. I saw the coastal that full of mangrove trees and that is very important however there are some waste scattered around in it and it is Plastics.

Lets go back to our trip we stayed in the Manjuyod Marina Tourism Center a lodging for the visitors and we are free. On the next day early in the morning we prepare the food together with Edda because we assigned to it. On the other hand some of the members and the RESCUE started to give seminar and training in the community hall. We are about to stay in the marina center to keep and see things to be OK. That night I felt the breeze of the sea, its cold and fresh and the day passed.

Another day came and I am very excited again to go to the White Sand Bar a resort where you can see only the sand during low tide. But before we can get there we must ride with the boat and we enjoyed it. At first we stop over in the Floating cage where Milk fish is cultured that is in the center of the sea. I saw different Kinds of fishes, color and sizes as well as the corals. Then we moved on to the next destination the white sand and a minute, here we go The White Beach Resort. We are lucky because its low tide so we steeped in, jumping and take some pictures but only for a couple of minute for we have our activity that is to give seminar.We came back to Marina center, back to work and took our breakfast then right after we prepare again food for lunch.



Basic First Aid and Life Support Seminar/Training

Waiting for the Boat in the Fish Cage

Water Safety Training

Afternoon at 4 o’clock P. M. we prepared our things off to marina center. We are very happy because our activities were successful and job all done good. This would be one of my best experience in my study and as a student, brings me some lessons and learning. Now that I'm already finished my study, being a part of this organization helps me, teach me a lot and gave me another meaning of life. That it must be wasted in a good way for our fellows good.
To all members and advisers of the Organization ASSAP, I would like to thank you all for the laughter and the memories and it was such an unforgettable experience of being a student. I hope and pray that the organization will continue and more progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...